Thursday, March 25, 2010

It Had To Be You

I don't want to deal with it anymore!
Just rip my heart out.
I don't want to be jealous,
I don't want to cry,
I don't want to keep liking you.
Take away these feelings and let me live in peace.
It was never meant to be
so why won't my thoughts cease?
Because my heart and my head fight a constant battle.
One minute Mind is in control
and I'm able to thinking logically, clearly,
with no distractions.
Then the next Heart comes attacking strong,
crushing me with unwanted thoughts.
My brain will never stop fighting
and in some recess I remember the reality of it all,
how I fall for you, but you keep going,
how I'm stuck here not able to move on.
My heart and my brain fight against each other,
but they work together to bring me down.
Under the weight of these constant thoughts
I am pushed closer to the edge.
I start to hate myself
for not being the girl you want
and for not walking away when I first realized I wasn't.
It's irrational, but these feelings are true.
Somehow it just had to be you.
You've been through this before, you know the pain,
So spare a bruised soul and take my burden away.
Help me stop liking you.

No comments:

Post a Comment