Friday, June 10, 2011

It's so hard to say goodbye.

That's why I don't.

I remember the last day of middle school. I left the building, went straight to the bus and sat in my seat. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I probably wouldn't be able to see any of my Lexington friends again. It wasn't until I was in my bed looking through my yearbook that I started crying.
You don't really know what you have until it's gone. Those words couldn't be more true. And I think it's going to be the same for high school. I act fine with goodbyes and everything now, but come graduation, come those summer days when I'm sitting at home just thinking, my facade might falter. Luckily, my friends live in Boston, not too far away.

Still, I wonder.. is that why I'm so distant now? Is that why things seem rough with certain people? Because I'm preparing myself for that final goodbye? Maybe. I should learn to embrace it all and cherish it while it lasts, rather than just push it all away. Sigh.

I definitely won't miss high school, the building doesn't matter to me at all. It's the work, the teachers, the lessons, and the experiences that'll stick with me. It's the people, my friends that will make it -- made it all worth while. I just need to remember that they're not gone yet. There are still many good times to be had...

☼SUMMER 2011
I can't wait to see what awaits me this summer... ♫☮☆

No comments:

Post a Comment