Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fading friends. It's a topic that I may know a bit too much about. It's never a good feeling knowing that you're losing touch with a close friend. And even if, in reality, you aren't, the doubt that you are is absolutely paralyzing.
Two friends. Overtime I've lost two best friends to distance. When we moved apart we experienced different things and became different people afn come the time we reunited, we were strangers all over again. I've moved onto my third best friend now and I can't help but feel like the story will end the same way. I can't part with the idea that I'm the one doing something wrong. Am I not communicating enough? Am I no longer trustworthy? Am I not being a good friend? Or is this all in my head? Is this just a side effect of that evil doubt sheltered in the back of my mind? What's happening?
I know I write about this all too often but it's something - it's about someone all too dear to me.

There was once a time when I said I would never have another best friend too. Because the pain of us parting hurt too much. It sounds like... falling in love lol. It's as if I can't help getting attached to one friend over all my others.

No comments:

Post a Comment