Sunday, October 2, 2011

Old Post Two

Just an old post from 8/8/11 I never finished until tonight lol.

Having dealt with a funeral recently (the person wasn't that close to me, thank goodness, but it was still very sad)... I would like to put the FUN in my funeral! :D lol just kidding. In the unfortunate event that my life gets taken away from me before my time I have a few specific ideas about how I would like my funeral. I'm hoping that someone finds this and tells my family if something ever does happen.
First of all, I don't want to be buried. I would like to be cremated. And if possible, I'd like my ashes to be spread into the sea so I can travel the world (something I've always wanted to do) in my afterlife :)
Secondly, I'm sure my family will have a wake. During the wake I would like the songs "In the Arms of an Angel" and "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLaughlin to be played. I actually don't like listening to either of those songs because they bring up bad memories haha, but at my funeral I'm sure they'll soothe some people. Sarah has quite a lovely voice, I must admit.
Third, I request that my immediate family wears white instead of black. My extended family is welcome to do the same. Black is such a depressing color. Wear white! Don't mourn me, be proud of the life that I've lived, honor it.
Fourth, I don't want any roses at the wake. I just think they're so... cliche. I do like the fact that they last a lot longer than any other flower, but I don't prefer them. Find some orange flowers if you can please!

And I think that's pretty much it. Overall, the important thing is that my family respects my wish to be cremated, not buried. I realize that this is a weird thing to write about but we talk about death in my family all the time lol. My mom works in hospice care. She takes care of elderly about to die and death is pretty much second nature to her so I've never found it weird to talk about people's deaths, including my own haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment