Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Closure..?

It's a relief knowing that we both still need each other, that my support and opinions and overall existence as "best friend" still matter to her and vice versa.. but without actually seeing her and having some sort of constant communication I feel like this understanding we have now can only last for so long. It's almost like we've taken a step forward only to take two steps back later.
I can't pinpoint exactly where we went wrong. I'd like to say that it was just distance (going to two different schools) keeping us apart - just like with my past two besties, but it's not. Our constant "breaks" are proof. They happened all throughout high school, a building we both visited to daily. Sure, seeing each other on a regular basis helped us receive and give constant updates but sometimes that wasn't enough.
Still I guess every relationship has its ups and downs. She's been there for me countless times and I'd love to be there for her when she needs me (physically, emotionally, I'm here to give support), even 10 years from now. We just need to find a way to stay in each others' lives, if we truly mean that much to one another. And yes, to me she really does mean that much to me. I don't think any other person has changed my definition of a word before.. [star.....]


"miss you"

how easily words can break down barriers! if liz hadn't have prompted me to ask her to go to the concert i wouldn't have talked to her (until the weekend, that is). and if she hadn't have sent those two words, i still would've been feeling disconnected, incomplete, like she hated me.
communication is key. don't be afraid to say how you feel, even if you feel vulnerable saying it. because opening up can start amazing things or in this case, rekindle amazing friendships. love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment