Friday, March 30, 2012

Things seem to be getting better.

But then, it always does before things start to fall apart again. Like the eye of the storm, this is only momentary.

Or is it?

I've thought about things and I understand myself just a little bit better now. I invest lots of time and effort. I give my support and advice. I lend my ears. I can reflect and try to change all I want but I'm never going to be able to change what happens around me.

I remember when I used to want to be a humanitarian. I used to want to help people - to change the world. But now I realize that I'll never achieve that goal. Of course I want to help. But I won't ever be able to reach everyone. All I can do is be the best person I can be and give to and care for and love the people I come across in my life. I have to try to change people's lives, even in just a small way, one conversation at a time.

---

My single goal in life used to be just to be remembered, long past my death. I had this dream of a good friend of mine, old and withered, telling their grandchildren about me. About all I did and the type of person I was.

Do you think I can still achieve that goal?

Maybe not. But I hope that my spirit lives on when I pass away. I hope people will give with all their heart. I hope the world will be a better place...

In the end, all I can do is keep doing what I'm doing. Be there. And hope for the best.



Everything will be okay in the end; and if it's not okay, it's not the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment