Saturday, May 19, 2012

Continued Movie Marathon

Today I watched two more movies.

The first was Descent (2007).


It was... interesting... It's about a bright girl in college who gets raped and, after meddling in the drug world and  with her promiscuity, exacts revenge on her rapist. It started off pretty slow and right before the rape scene I found myself scolding the main character through the screen for going to the guy's house -_- But she finds some random drug leader guy and in the end she rapes her rapist with a wooden something and gets her drug leader friend to rape him. It's awkward. And there is some nudity - be warned. Umm... overall I give this 3 stars.


The other movie I saw was Melancholia (2011).


This movie was so much better. It is basically the story of two sisters as Earth collides into another planet Melancholia. It begins at the younger sister's wedding (with the older sister as the maid of honor) and everything just down-spirals from there. It was cool because something that seemed so perfect turned out to be a failure. The wedding though was absolutely gorgeous. I would love to have one just like the one in the movie. The only downside though is that the movie is over 2 hours long... That's why it gets 4 stars. Other than that, it's really good. I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment