Thursday, June 14, 2012

Blind Love & My Hunger

I've stupidly spent the last hour or so just looking at gorgeous pictures of interracial couples on some random website. That familiar pang of jealousy and longing rises in me.
So to distract me from that "forever alone" feeling, I'll finish reading The Hunger Games. Yes, I've finally gotten around to reading it. I'm surprised, I really can't put it down. It's that good. My friends weren't kidding. After that I'll either watch a movie (maybe The Hunger Games online?), finish a friendship bracelet, or start reading the Harry Potter series... so many options lol.
If only I could spend my summer doing those things I want and like to do rather than being reminded how useless I am by my brother and mother - who by the way tells me daily that she's praying for God that I get a job. Seriously. She thinks it's so bad that I need a spiritual miracle. Sigh.

Also, I believe today is day 8 of my meatless journey. I'm actually pretty pleased with some of the meals I've made this past week. Considering I only have some pasta, rice, and a supply of canned beans to work from, I'm doing pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment