Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Strivers Row

I saw my friend Rose for the first time in pretty much a year the other day. I missed her bear hugs haha. But anyway, she was telling me about how Josh Bennett performed at her school and told her she was beautiful.. and she took a picture with him and pretty much swooned over the entire thing lol.
So of course I had to look him up. When I did I found an amazing poet whose words pretty much floored me. And all I did was listen to his one poem "10 Things I Want To Say To A Black Woman".. I searched some more and found out he was part of an agency known as The Strivers Row. They manage other awesome poets too. Here are some pictures of them.

From left to right: Carvens Lissant, Miles Hodges, Joshua Bennett, and Alysia Harris


I've yet to listen to one of Carvens' poems but I'm sure they're incredible too!
And might I add that Miles is a very sexy man. Just throwing that out there. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment