Friday, July 6, 2012

July 4th

I didn't get to hang out with the Gang (my cousins) and see the fireworks downtown like I usually get to this year. Sucks, but whatever. I caught a few fireworks behind trees from a  few blocks away. Just as good I guess. I spent the majority of my afternoon trying out a new recipe. Cabbage soup. It didn't taste that bad actually. And it was very healthy.
I put cabbage, carrots, celery, rice, pinto and black beans, garlic, tomato sauce, and a bunch of other herbs and spices in it. Most of the time spent on it came from making vegetable stock from scratch since all we had at home was chicken broth. It took a lot of time, effort, and sweat, but it was a success. My mom even tried it, though she said she wouldn't go vegetarian with me.

Later as we were watching the fireworks in the neighborhood, my mom and I saw the moon rise. It was orange. While my mom kept gushing about how pretty it was, all I could think about is how all the smoke and pollution from the Earth's atmosphere made it look that way. How disgusting humans are! How stupid and prideful Americans can be obnoxiously celebrating a single holiday! Sigh, I honestly can't see things ending well for us. It's only a matter of time...

Anyway, the night ended with me and my mom driving around Boston, then leaving when it started pouring. Eventful? Not really, but I got to do a little bonding with my mom. Since she's currently taking time off work, we have more time to do stuff. I talk to her a bit more everyday.

Oh, and on Tuesday I put together a cute little outfit to go grocery shopping with my mom.
Cargo kapris, white tank top, cropped jean jacket, and silver hoop earrings.
I may not have all the clothes I'd like to wear, but I think I'm doing fine with what I have. Fashionnnnn!

No comments:

Post a Comment