Sunday, August 26, 2012

This I Believe

One day in December 2010, my friend Thomas posted a note on Facebook. It was a list of things he believed in. He'd asked other people to make lists too and post them. I took on that challenge. Here is my list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


When I was asked to make a list about what I believe in, I honestly had no idea what to put. I didn't know what I believed in but after some intense thinking in Mr. Dever's History class, I came up with something. Here's my list to share with you. I'm curious to see what you and other people believe in too. Make one for yourself and share it with your friends. Your take on this note can be as serious or as funny as you decide to make it.

I believe (in)...
  • acceptance
  • the power of love
  • friendship
  • working hard to achieve your goals
  • making your own dreams come true (no birthday candles, shooting stars, 11:11, or eyelashes involved)
  • taking risks, stepping outside your comfort zone sometimes
  • there's always a bright side; things will get better
  • doing things for others
  • hugs
  • the power of music
  • my body is a temple
  • myself
  • diversity
  • speaking your mind
  • laughter
  • taking time to appreciate the little things
  • having fun with whatever you do
  • natural beauty
  • not caring what people think; breaking/bending society's rules
  • honesty
  • staying faithful
  • being open minded
  • "reality TV" is garbage
  • teachers deserve much more than what they get for what they do (especially the good ones that actually teach you stuff)
  • suicide is not an answer
  • everything happens for a reason
  • interracial relationships
  • that if people cared and loved a little more, the world would be a much better place
and also I believe that "patience is a minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue."
Don't wait for a magic fairy, make things happen yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment