Sunday, September 23, 2012

Why am I so awkward?!

Why is it that I can't form a platonic relationship with a guy? I always end up viewing any sort of interaction a guy has with me as something more than it is - often times, as him flirting with me in unsubtle way. I imagine guys as having an ulterior sexual motive with me, even when I know nothing will ever happen between us. Is it because most of the times a guy has ever approached me it's to hit on me (almost always delivered by a creepy older, middle-aged man)? Is it because I have no idea what actual flirting looks like? Or do I harbor some other hidden fear/doubts about men? What is WRONG with me? Why can't I have a normal conversation with my male RA without having to hold myself back due to concerns about leading him on? It's not because I think I'm the hottest piece of woman on earth, not at all! It's something else that I just can't put my finger on.

I'm always holding my true emotions back... Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment