Monday, October 22, 2012

Makeup is a Drug

This past week I've worn makeup more than I have in my entire life. All I really wore was some eye makeup (eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara) for my roommate's birthday and for my spirit day costume for work , but now that I'm not wearing it I feel... ugly. Its a bad feeling. I never used to wear any sort of makeup at all. But for some reason some powder on my eyes made me think I looked prettier (I got more compliments at least). I don't feel special anymore.
When you need to do something every single day to change yourself/your appearance to boost your confidence or anything, that thing is no good for you. Makeup is a damn filthy drug.
Now I have to boost up my confidence again. I have to be able to get up every day, look in the mirror, and tell myself that I AM pretty as is, makeup or not. I have to build myself up again, go cold turkey. Stupid, good-for-nothing makeup.
I hate you. You're the cause of so many girls' insecurities. You're the reason why some guys are so shallow. You're the reason why such an abstract thing as beauty has an image. I hate you.

I want to feel pretty again.

No comments:

Post a Comment